Once a radiologist has received a new image to report on they will be alerted and a new PACS Inbox item will be generated. Opening the PACS inbox will show the list of images waiting to be reported on.
Click on one of these items to begin reporting. As before, the radiologist will receive three options:
- Accept for Report - The radiologist will report on the image themselves
- Assign To Someone Else - Delegate this report to a specific individual or group for reporting
- Attach to Patient Record and Archive Work-item - No report will be generated for this image, simply store the image against the patient record
Once the report is accepted a user can type the report into the text box to the left hand side. Should the radiologist need to access the patient documents, click the ‘Patient Documents’ button on the top tab, this will open the documents in a new window so as not to disturb work.
Once completed there are two options:
- Complete & Finish - Finalise the report and attach this to the patient record
- Complete & Edit - Finalise the report and use the report for further work