If you use Meddbase for diary management, then choose Accept Referral and Book Appointment for Patient.
If you do not use Meddbase for diary management, then choose Accept Referral for Export to 3rd Party System.
Click the links above for more information about each of these options.
Accept Referral and Book Appointment for Patient
If you choose this method, you will be prompted to make contact with the patient, then book an appointment.
You may wish to record that you made contact with the patient to arrange an appointment. If you want to skip this step, simply click Contact made to begin booking an appointment.
- If the patient made contact with you via phone, click the Call tab and choose Inbound Call Started.
- If you made contact with the patient via phone, choose Start Outbound Call.
- If the call was successful, click Book Appointment to begin booking an appointment. If the call failed, select a reason or provide a reason and click Call Failed.
- If you wish to email the patient, click the Email tab and select Write Email.
- If you wish to write and print a letter to send the patient via post, click the Letter tab, compose a letter and click Print.
Accept Referral for Export to 3rd Party System
Accepting the referral via this method gives you three options:
- Export Documentation: Use this to export a PDF of the referral letter, or a .zip file of the letter and any supporting documentation.
- Record Appointment: Use this to record the date, time, clinician, site name and address of the appointment. You may also send a confirmation email or SMS to the patient.
- Discharge: Use this to write a discharge letter for the patient, or assign the task of writing the letter to a typist.