What is the Context?
Meddbase gives users access to a comprehensive platform accommodating various aspects and workflows in Occupational Health. This functionality requires multiple configuration tasks to be completed in Meddbase.
What is the article purpose?
This article will walk you through the 3rd part of the initial configuration required to utilize the Occupational Health functionality in Meddbase. The configuration steps discussed here are:
- Adding Employer companies to the Billing Rules view
- Adding a Price List to an Employer's charge band
- Adding a Portal Referral Rule to an Employer's charge band
Adding Employer companies to the Billing Rules view
Once all Employers have been added to the database (see Part 1 of the initial setup), eligibility and pricing rules for each employer can be defined using the Billing Rules engine in Meddbase.
Once defined, these rules will be applied automatically for each respective debtor when selected services are consumed.
The first step is to add the employers to the Billing Rules view.
- From the Start Page, navigate to Admin > Billing Rules
- Search for the required Employer in the Add Companies field and click on the search result.
|Please note: Internal type companies are visible here by default.|
Adding a Pricelist to an Employer's charge band
The next step is to add a Pricelist to an employer's charge band, so that the system can apply correct prices when this Employer, i.e. their employees, consume services:
|Please note: A default charge band is automatically created for each company, however, it does not contain a pricelist nor any rules.|
As per the .Gif above, expand the Employer icon and click +Add rule. On the list of rules click New Price List… . The next dialog window allows you to configure the following:
- Name the Price List - you can create folders for rules by applying the following structure: Folder Name/Rule Name, e.g. Rules/Price List - will create a folder called Rules and the Price List will be stored in it.
- Decide whether services added to this rule with prices should be automatically provided. (This is set to 'True' by default).
- *Select the Price Type - the default setting here is 'Total Charged Price'; 'Benefit Maxima' setting can be used e.g. for insurer excess charges, when this Price List is used in combination with another one.
- Select when the price list applies - the price list can apply only to a specific clinician or role group, site, location or a tag on a specific clinician's schedule.
- Add services to the Price List - all appointment types and services created in the chamber are available for selection here and prices can be set for those.
Once configured, the pricelist needs to be added to the employer's charge band.
|*In general, all rules need to be added to a relevant charge band in order to cause the desired effect.|
Adding a Portal Referral Rule to an Employer's charge band
Managers logging into the Meddbase Referral Portal have the ability to refer staff members for OH services and/or make bookings directly into clinicians' schedules.
To make our services visible on the portal, a Portal Referral Rule needs to be configured and added to the respective employer's charge band.
As before, expand the Employer icon and click +Add rule. On the list of rules click New Portal Referral Rule… . The next dialog window allows you to configure the following:
- Name the referral rule - again you can store the rule in a folder by using Folder Name/Rule Name e.g. Rules/Bank Referral Rule.
- Allow booking through the portal - allows booking the selected services into clinician schedules that have the 'Allow online bookings' checkbox ticked.
- Allow referring through the portal - allows referring for the selected services. The referral will be processed by the default group in Meddbase or a specific group set for this employer (See Part 1 of the initial setup).
- Setup a Service Level Agreement policy - define how referrals from this employer are to be processed. Click here for a detailed article on SLA policy.
- Provided Services - select services to be available for referrals and/or bookings via the Referral Portal.
Once configured, the portal referral rule needs to be added to the employer's charge band.
The article was last updated on 1st of April 2021 in the context of Meddbase version 126.96.36.199749