What is the context?
Meddbase allows you to set up and manage meetings. Meetings can include multiple attendees, allow messaging and document sharing within Meddbase. They can also be held as online meetings*.
Click here for a detailed article on setting up an online meeting.
*To use the online video meetings feature in Meddbase, the chamber must have Telemedicine enabled. Please contact the Support Team to arrange this.
What is the purpose of the article?
This article outlines the process of creating and booking different meeting types* in your system, so that time spent in these meetings can easily be distinguished, e.g. Team Meeting, Daily Stand-up, 1-to-1 etc.
Categorising meetings also provides clarity for Meddbase users looking at schedules as to what types of meetings are being held.
*To enable the Meeting Types feature in your system, please contact the Support Team.
This article describes
- Creating a new Meeting Type
- Booking a Meeting
- Meeting visibility in Meddbase and invitation email
- Joining a Meeting and Meeting options
Creating a new Meeting Type
To define a new meeting type:-
1. From the Start Page navigate to Admin
2. Click Common Catalogues
3. Expand the Meeting Types catalogue and click New meeting type
Here you can define the new meeting type:
- Meeting type - this field allows you to name the meeting type, e.g. Team Meeting
- Default duration - this dropdown allows you to select the default duration for the meeting type. The default duration can be overridden when booking the meeting.
4. Click Save to apply your settings.
Booking a Meeting
To book a meeting in Meddbase:
1. From the Start Page navigate to Calendar
2. Navigate to the appropriate date for the meeting via the monthly calendar in the top-left
3. With the correct day displayed, click on the time slot representing the start time for the meeting.
4. In the Book a meeting dialog window displayed, you can select the Type from the dropdown menu, as well as define other attributes:
4.a Update the Length of the meeting - overriding the default length set for the meeting type
4.b Update the Site from a pick-list
4.c Add a Location value from a pick-list (belonging to the site)
4.d Set a Subject for the meeting
4.e Add Notes for the meeting.
4.f Tick the Online video meeting* - if the meeting is to be help remotely.
*This option requires enabling and configuring the Video calls & Telemedicine integration. To enable this feature in your system, please contact the Support Team.
5. To add an attendee:
5.a Click the Add attendee option on the left-hand side of the screen.
5.b In the Clinician search dialogue that appears input the search criteria.
5.c Click the required record from the search results. Repeat these steps to add additional attendees as needed.
5.d Click Save to book the meeting.
Meeting visibility in Meddbase and invitation emails for attendees
Meeting visibility in Meddbase
Once the meeting is booked all attendees who are Meddbase users will see and be able to interact with the meeting and in several places in the application:
1. On the timeline in the user's Calendar* - the meeting block displays basic information about the meeting:
- Start and Finish time
- Meeting Type
- Meeting Subject
*If the Start Page Layout the respective user is assigned to (under Settings > Preferences > Default Start Page Layout) has the Show personal schedule option enabled, and the meeting is taking place today, it will be visible on the Start Page.
2. On the Side by Side Schedules view - the meeting block displaying basic information about the meeting visible on all attendee's timelines.
Side by Side Schedules view is available under:
- Start Page > Clinician tile > Clinician schedules
- Meddbase (name displayed in the upper right corner of the Start Page) > (hidden menu) Schedule
3. Once any action is taken in the meeting, e.g. a document is shared or a message posted in the Feed, the Meeting Subject will appear in the Groups and Meetings section on the Start Page for all attendees.
Invitation emails for attendees
All meeting attendees receive an invitation email with the meeting details*, incl.:
- Meeting type
- Meeting attendees, date and time
- Leave meeting button (if the attendee leaves the meeting by mistake, they will have an option to re-join)
*A Join meeting link will be present in Online meeting invitation emails. Click here for a detailed article on online meetings
- Attendees who are Meddbase users receive the email to the email address linked to their User account
- Attendees who are not Meddbase users receive the email to the email address recorded in the Contact section of their record in Meddbase.
Joining a Meeting and Meeting options
Joining as a Meddbase user
Once logged in to Meddbase a user can join a Meeting they created or have been invited to by:
1. Navigating to Calendar and clicking the meeting block on the timeline
2. Clicking the meeting block on the timeline front and centre on the Start Page.
Once in the Meeting dialog window, an attendee has a view of a host of information and many options available:
1. Detail for this meeting is displayed and shows:
- Information about the meeting
- Collaborators( attendees) for the meeting
- Admins who control the administration of the meeting
- Documents that have been attached to the meeting
2. Invite - Attendees set as Admins for the meeting can use the Invite button to search for and invite further attendees
3. Assign Task - each attendee who is a Meddbase user can use the Assign Task button to assign tasks to other Meddbase users or groups of users.
4. Add and create Documents - each attendee who is a Meddbase user can select the Documents button and choose an option from the menu to create or attach documents to the meeting.
When added the document appears in the Documents list and a message is added to the Feed.
5. Meeting settings -attendees set as Admins for the meeting can access and manage the meeting settings:
|Action||What it does|
|Re-opens the Book a meeting dialog and enables you to adjust the date, time, duration, Site/Location and Subject of the meeting.|
|Cancel||Enables you to completely cancel the meeting.|
|Members||Enables you to remove an attendee or make an attendee an Admin for the meeting.|
|Activity||Displays the activity log for the meeting.|
This article was last updated on 23rd of Sept 2022 in the context of Meddbase version 22.214.171.12418