What is the context?
OH Referrals sent from the Referral Portal generate an Incoming OH Referral work item that Meddbase users can pick up and process accordingly.
The prerequisite of this process is adding and configuring the Incoming OH Referral Work Item to the chamber setup.
What is the purpose of the article?
This article will walk you through the process of adding and configuring the Incoming OH Referral Work Item and the available options influencing its default behaviour in Meddbase.
|Please note: Default behaviours of an Incoming OH Referral Work Item can be overridden on a 'per employer' basis, meaning the work item can behave differently when the referral is sent by a given employer. Refer to Initial Setup Part 1 for more details.|
Adding the Incoming OH Referral Work Item
To add the Incoming OH Referral Work Item to the Meddbase setup:
1. From the Start Page navigate to Admin > Work
2. Click New Work Type and select Incoming OH Referral
|Please note: Changes made in this part of the system are saved automatically.|
Configuration and default behaviour of the Incoming OH Referral Work Item
Once added to the setup, the Incoming OH Referral Work Item offers a variety of configuration options influencing its behaviour in Meddbase.
- The Document Policy which will be used by default for any document added by a Referral Portal User.
- The Patient Policy which will be applied by default to any patient created via the Referral Portal.
- The Self-Pay Charge band which all patients created via the Referral Portal will be assigned to by default. This is chosen from the Chamber Company's charge bands.
- If the Medical Person dictates notes for the OH report following discharging an appointment, a Role Group these notes will be assigned to can be selected here.
- Determine the timeline* for the Meddbase user to take action at subsequent stages of dealing with the OH Referral.
3. (Optional) If a user group should be responsible for reviewing OH reports before they are sent to the Patient/Employer, assign them using this dropdown. Note that you can leave this setting blank.
4. If a Meddbase user wants to reject a referral, providing reasons for this action can be mandated here.
- Which Medical Policy should be used to record OH information. Referral Portal users will only be able to see Documents etc. which are created under this policy.
- Select the Role Group that will receive the Incoming OH Referral Work Items in their Work inbox.
Patient Review of the Report
- Define the amount of time the patient has to review the OH Report before automatic release to their employer.
- Configure the subject line and body of the email inviting the patient to review the report. Template Codes can be used here.
- Configure the content of an SMS message inviting the patient to review the report.
- The options listed here will be available for the patient during the review of the OH report, should factual changes to the report be required.
- Whether referrals should archive automatically once rejected.
Manager Review of the Report
- Configure the subject line and body of the email inviting the Manager to review the report after it had been released (automatically or authorised by patient). Again, Template Codes can be used here.
- Configure the content of an SMS message inviting the Manager to review the report.
- Select the template to generate the OH Report - used automatically post appointment during the report writing process.
- Select the template to generate the OH rejection Letter - used automatically when providing details/reasons for referral rejection.
- Select the template generating an Appointment Booking Confirmation email, triggered when an appointment is booked from an OH Referral.*
- Select the template generating an Appointment Booking Confirmation SMS, triggered when an appointment is booked from an OH Referral.*
|Please note: * These messages override the default messages set under Admin > Configuration > Task checker. Click here for a detailed article on the Task Checker.|
Report Default Texts
This section allows predefining parts of the report for different referral outcomes, i.e. Appointment Discharged, Appointment Cancelled, Appointment DNA or Referral Rejected:
- Predefine the subject line and detail section for the 'Detail Page' of the report.
2. For Appointment Cancelled, Appointment DNA or Referral Rejected outcomes, the reasons for the respective outcome can be added as separate lines.
This article was last updated on 23rd of March 2021 in the context of Meddbase version 18.104.22.168749