What's the context and purpose?
Meddbase allows you to set up Membership Schemes on a weekly, monthly, or yearly billing frequency. Should you wish to charge patients a membership fee, you'll need to create a charge band for members.
|Please note: Memberships will only work for your patients' Self Pay Charge Band(s). Enabling a membership raises an invoice up-front, therefore a company cannot be charged.|
This article outlines how a Membership Scheme charge is calculated and scheduled.
To learn more about setting up a Membership Scheme you can read this article: Membership Schemes - Configuration Overview.
How are monthly membership invoices calculated?
As months are variable in length, the initial invoicing schedule for new members on a monthly Membership Scheme is as follows:
- First invoice date = today (your chambers local time)
- Second invoice year = year of (today + 2 months)
- Second invoice month = month of (today + 2 months)
- Second invoice day = membership scheme billing day
- First invoice amount = membership monthly price divided by 30 days multiplied by total days between first and second invoice
This can be seen in these examples:
|Date Joined||Monthly Billing Day||Second Invoice Date||EXAMPLE:
Standard Membership Fee (Monthly)
|Please note: In the instance where a member wishes to end their membership, the end date to provide services could be either the up to/up to and including the next invoice date.|
This article was last updated on 27 August 2021 in the context of Meddbase version 22.214.171.124558.